In-person to resume Monday, September 13th
We will be back in the classroom on Monday! The room is clean and organized. The students who have devices need to bring them to school Monday and Mrs. Brown will store them in the classroom for use. If we need to go back to virtual again, temporarily, the students will bring the devices home then. Please make sure that chargers come back to the school with the device!
Please consider sending your child to school masked. There are dividers on the tables in the classroom and we wash our hands multiple times a day, but masks will help prevent the spread! Not just COVID, but the common cold and flu. Thank you for helping us keep our classroom healthy this year!
Virtual Until September 10th!
Due to increase in COVID cases in the district and wanting to stop the spread the best that we can, we are completely virtual. Students will log into our class Teams group daily throughout the day to meet with Mrs. Brown live for classes as well as do independent work. All will be done for grades. Please check back as well as pay attention to Class Tag announcements for more as it becomes available.
While waiting for devices, please:
1. go to the Splash Learn link under First Grade Websites daily.
2. watch books on Storyline Online on the internet! It's a free site! Write down the books you listened to and share with Mrs. Brown when you return to class.
3. Practice writing your name daily. If you can write it without help, work on being neat. Be prepared to show Mrs. Brown your work.
4. Practice counting things around you home. What is the highest number of things that you can find? Do this each day. (So make sure that you have 5 different things to share) Be ready to share when we can log into Teams! Take a picture if you can so you can share with the class. Write a sentence about what it is.
5. What is one way that you were a good friend to someone this week? Write a sentence telling us about the experience. Try to use emotion words: how did it make you feel? How did it make the other person feel?
6. Go to the Learning Garden TEAMS Link page and watch the video posted. You need to watch it this week!
7. Check out the Connect Page daily to see what has been updated!
Thank you and stay safe!
Mrs. Christie Brown
Welcome to the 2021-2022 First Grade Learning Garden! We are going to navigate the school year together and make amazing strides becoming the best first grade class at Ridgeland Elementary.
I am looking forward to being completely in person this school year! We are going to keep cheering each other through the year. I believe in creating a classroom family that sticks together, not just this year, but throughout our lives.
I am spending the summer working on First Grade curriculum design for ELA (Reading and Writing) and prepping for our spectacular year ahead.